My Favorite News Websites

I will admit that I get most of my online news through Facebook updates or googling headlines I see on Twitter. There are, however, a few publications that I will check on my own. Not every one of these five are "serious" news sources by any means, honestly most are not, but I get the information that I am interested in quickly and easily by using them.

Buzzfeed
This is my main, everyday news source. As ridiculous as that may sound, you really can get everything from hard-hitting news, to political updates, to fun product reviews on Buzzfeed. I enjoy Buzzfeed's diversity because you get a fun mix of articles and perspectives. Not every story is serious and hard-hitting, and that lightness makes it much easier to continue to read through what the site has to offer. Buzzfeed makes it easy to flip from a heart-wrenching story about refugees to a heart-warming story about a child's bond with their mother. It is possible to stay on top of important events while also learning information from unique articles that other sources do not provide.

Audience: Young adults and beyond that are interested in news
Link: Buzzfeed

Cosmopolitan
I prefer Cosmopolitan in its print form but their website still provides the blunt and relatable articles that can be enjoyed in the magazine. Everything from celebrity to fashion news is available on the site, but it also provides interesting stories that you may have missed if you were paying sole attention to politics and international relations. With opinion pieces about gender-neutral bathrooms, and the like, and even an entire section dedicated to "Twenty-Something Life," Cosmopolitan's provocative and honest articles never cease to entertain and inform.

Audience: Young to mature women
Link: Cosmopolitan

Daily Mail
While Buzzfeed is my main source for news, Daily Mail is also a site that I read often. I enjoy reading about events and stories that are occurring in the U.K. and Australia, while still having access to stories that reflect what's happening in my own country. While Buzzfeed provides great news for what is directly relevant to the United States, I like that the Daily Mail gives me a different perspective, while also keeping me informed about issues affecting other parts of the world.

Audience: Everyone
Link: Daily Mail

Teen Vogue
I follow Teen Vogue on Facebook and they are amazing at creating headlines and captions that make me really want to read their articles. From "Harvard Gives Transgender Students a Pronoun Option" to "6 Products that Make Monday A.M. More Manageable," their concise headlines, and witty captions always pull me in. I have been unsubscribed from their magazine for a long time now, but have yet to unfollow them on social media because I find myself learning about issues I may have ignored had I not been intrigued by their witty captions.
Audience: Young women
Link: Teen Vogue

Temptalia
This is my number one favorite source for makeup news and reviews. I honestly don't buy any high-end beauty product without reading Temptalia's thoughts on it first. This blog provides in-depth product reviews that are followed with grades for the product based on pigmentation, texture, longevity and much more. Her swatches provide true-to-color photos of the products, and her lip swatches allow for an accurate depiction of how the product will wear. As a young woman who runs a beauty YouTube channel and who is borderline-obsessed with makeup, reading Temptalia's blog is a necessary part of my day. There is no other blog that provides such accurate and up to date reviews and swatches of products, and should be on every beauty-buyer's reading list.

Audience: Anyone who buys makeup
Link: Temptalia



Comments

Popular Posts