September Beauty Favorites

So it is already the end of September, and that is absolutely insane.

I am so excited that Fall is here, and it's finally time for sweaters, boots, and dark lipsticks! This month, however, I've been using products that have been perfect transition shades for this time of year, and some products that are great for all seasons. I thought that I would share some of my favorites.

Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette
I have been debating whether or not I would get enough use out of this palette for months. I finally purchased it at the end of August and I have been using it ever since. I obviously don't use this everyday but it's perfect for the weekends. The powders are smooth, creamy and blend easily. I was worried that the contour shades would look too dark and muddy on my pale complexion but I am happy to report that that is not at all the case. My favorite bronzer in the palette, Sombre, is the perfect cool-toned taupe for contouring cheek bones, and doesn't look muddy on the face. The three different highlight shades provide perfect options for the different parts of the face. Lyric, a yellow-toned shade, is perfect for canceling out dark circles and acne scars, while Lucid and Levitation are great to highlight cheekbones and the bridge of the nose. While the Kat Von D palette doesn't come in different shades like other contour palettes, it provides the perfect shades for all contouring and highlighting needs. 0.72 oz. of product total, $46.00 at Sephora


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed in Moonstone
For $38, these highlighters seemed a tad overhyped to me, but I ordered this during a special on HSN and have since fallen absolutely in love with it. The powder is creamy and the shimmer doesn't enlarge pores. This has started a serious obsession with Becca highlights, and that is quite the expensive habit. Everyone has been talking about the Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop shade but I was worried that it wouldn't blend well with my skin tone and I'm glad that I purchased the pale gold shade, Moonstone. The shade works well with my pink undertones while not being too pigmented for my pale complexion. 0.28 oz. of product, $38.00 at Sephora 

MAC Lip Pencil in Whirl
Everyone has been talking about this pencil since Kylie Jenner admitted that this is the product she uses to get her famous "Kylie Jenner" lip. This "dirty rose" lipliner is the perfect pink-brown nude for this transitioning time from Summer to Autumn. It works well as a liner for other nude and rose lipsticks, but also works wonderfully on its own. This is a great 90's nude lip product and I am quite pleased that I finally picked it up. This also looks amazing with MAC's Brave lipstick! 0.05 oz. of product, $16.50 at MAC


Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette
The Naked trend continues, and the cult-favorite palettes have another in their mix. The Naked Smokey is the perfect, neutral palette for a smokey eye look. There is everything from lighter shades for lid, crease, and blending colors to darker, creamy shades for a perfect, sultry look. Obviously, this palette does not provide users with everyday, off-to-class looks, but that's what makes it so different from the others. Naked palette after Naked palette was filled with neutrals that could be duped in any other brand, but this palette provides a fun twist on the Naked trend. No other Naked palette could produce the kind of looks this one can. I own all four of the Naked palettes on the market, and I used to be a firm believer that the average individual only needed one, but this one shakes that up. Having only one neutral Naked palette is necessary but this is a must-have no matter how many eyeshadow palettes you have! 0.6 oz. of product, $54.00 at Sephora

Photo Credit: Sephora.com & Maccosmetics.com

Comments

Popular Posts