Too Faced French Kisses Melted Set Review

As the initial round of Holiday makeup releases comes to a close, I thought I would review a set that isn't getting as much attention as the larger palettes and sets.

The Too Faced French Kisses
Melted set is a great value!
Credit: Toofaced.com
The Too Faced French Kisses Melted set includes four deluxe samples of the Melted Liquified Lipsticks, which are my second favorite high end lipsticks after MAC.

The set provides two of their original finish liquified lipsticks. These dry down to a creamy, satin finish. It also includes two of their Melted Metal lipsticks. As the name implies, these leave a metallic finish to the lips.

The set provides the shades Melted Berry, Melted Chihuahua, Melted Metallic Peony, and Melted Metallic Macaron. Swatches of the shades coming soon!

Melted Berry is a berry red shade that stains to a more class red color on the lips. This shade definitely needs a lipliner because it is quite hard to get a sharp edge with the sponge applicator and such a deep shade. This is a great shade for the Fall months.

Melted Chihuahua is a dusty muave shade. That is your classic deep nude color. It wears a little brown on my skin tone but this also could benefit from a lipliner. The deep nude shade is great for this time of year.

Melted Metallic Peony is metallic dusty rose. I don't love the finish of this on my lips because I think it brings out the dryness and lines of my lips. This does not require a liner because it isn't as deep as the other shades.

Melted Metallic Macaron is a metallic warm bright pink. It isn't the greatest shade for this time of year and the metallic finish isn't my favorite either. This could use a lipliner due to its brightness.

My favorites are the Berry and Chihuahua shades because I do not enjoy the metallic look on my lips.

The formula on the metallic shades is just as smooth, creamy, and long-wearing as the original finishes. I just like a matte look during the Fall months and think the metallic shades are a little much on my complexion.

This set is wonderful if you have never tried the Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipsticks before or if you love them and want more shades, like myself.

The deluxe samples are .16 oz. of product each for a total of .64 oz. of product for $25.

A full size Too Faced liquified lipstick is .4 oz. of product for $21 so you are getting more for your money in that aspect.

I think the deluxe samples are a great size, especially for someone like me who has too many lipsticks to ever use up a full size product.

This set would make a wonderful gift for the Holiday season and could even be split up and given as stocking stuffers.

Of course, you could also do what I did and buy the set for yourself. There's nothing wrong with treating yourself. 'Tis the season.

*This is a repost from Wednesday October 21. The original post disappeared. 

Comments

Popular Posts