Amazon's 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime

I am beginning a new reading challenge!

I am going to attempt to read every book on Amazon's 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime. A list that I found here.

When I found this list, I scrolled through it and realized how few classics or popular literature I have read. I have decided that by reading the books on this list it will expand my opinion and knowledge about different types of literature.

I probably will not read the list straight through because I have a ton of other books I should be reading. I will be reading them in alphabetical order so that I can't just skip over any of the ones that sound boring or unrelatable to me.

I have read about a quarter of the books on the list. Most of those, however, are the children's books included and it would seem that my years of reading nothing but Harry Potter and the most recent YA releases has kept me from reading a lot of fantastic books.

I will begin with 1984 by George Orwell. I have read this novel previously and it is honestly one of my favorite books.

Amazon also has lists for the Best Children's Books, the Best YA Books, and the Readers' Picks, so I may be attacking one of those next if this goes well.

I am not sure how long this is going to take me and I am not setting myself a timeline. I want to enjoy experiencing these novels for the first time, or rediscovering a few old favorites.

Comments

Popular Posts